Quality time for in-person collaboration is extremely valuable and rare. By creating online participation channels before, during, and after in-person meetings, you can dramatically increase the bandwidth of communication and streamline idea flow within the group.
Archive for March, 2013
It’s self-evident that misguided decision-making processes can lead to bad decisions. Here are some root causes of bad decisions:
- lack of data
- wrong or incomplete assumption set
- incorrect framing of an issue (“Are we asking the right question?”)
- not admitting that any problems exist
- interference by emotions
- asking the wrong question
- cognitive biases
- politics of an organization
- short-term thinking
- waiting for a crisis to happen before acting
- failure to rigorously debate the proposed solutions
- failure to gain input from those who will be implementing the decision, leading to lack of ownership during implementation
From your perspective, what’s missing from the list?